Rules & Policies
Access the following link to view the NDCA Rule Book
Competition may run 30 minutes ahead of posted 2020 DBDC Schedule
1. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering. The Organizers reserve the right to run 30 minutes in advance of advertised schedule.
2. While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil, sportsmanlike manner at all times.
3. Competitors entering a DBDC – A Legendary Celebration event shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, except when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
4. No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
5. Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
6. There will be no competitor practice on the dance floor during awards presentations.
7. The Organizer of the DBDC– A Legendary Celebration reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized NDCA. event.
8. Cancellation/Refund Policy:
Cancellations must be in writing and made prior to July 7th, 2021. All cancelations will receive a credit that may be used at either 2022 DBDC or 2021 Caribbean DanceSport. No cancelations will be accepted after July 7th, 2021.
9. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel room can be accepted by the organizer or the NDCA., neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the DBDC. Everyone does so at his or her own risk.
10. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by NDCA. and DBDC rules and by participating in the DBDC automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
11. No videotaping allowed (except during Youth Saturday afternoon session). Anyone violating this rule will be removed without refund.
12. Still photography permissible with cell phone cameras only. Any other photography requests contact Chris Johnston at 781-858-4367
13. All awards will be posted within 30 days of completion of the DBDC – A Legendary Celebration.
14. All competitors must fill out a W-9 before collecting prize. If competitor does not claim prize before conclusion of competition prize
amount will be transferred to a credit towards 2022 entries at the DBDC – A Legendary Celebration.
15. All competitors must be currently registered with the NDCA. and supply the Organizers with a valid NDCA number and social security
1. Material used should be based on the NDCA. syllabus. Refer to the NDCA. rule book or website.
2. Following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur Free Styles, Pro-Am Scholarships, 9 and 10 Dance
a. All Bronze steps are admissible in all Bronze categories
b. All Bronze & Silver steps are admissible in all Silver categories
c. All Bronze, Silver, & Gold steps are admissible in all Gold categories
d. All steps excluding lifts are permissible in any Open category
3. No dress restrictions in any categories.
4. Competitor tickets will be added to invoice and must be paid for in advance (unless on package or early bird discount).
5. Newcomers are those who have been dancing competitively one year or less; newcomers will receive 2 free one-dance newcomer entries
DBDC ~ A Legendary Celebration
781.858.4367 - 42 8th Street #3514, Charlestown, MA - NDCA Sanctioned Event