Rules & Policies
Access the following link to view the NDCA Rule Book
Competition may run 30 minutes ahead of posted 2017 DBDC Schedule
Refund policy is listed on 2017 DBDC Entry Forms
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering. The Organizers reserve the right to run 30 minutes in advance of advertised schedule.
2. While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil, sportsmanlike manner at all times.
3. Competitors entering a DBDC – A Legendary Celebration event shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, except when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
4. No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
5. Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
6. There will be no competitor practice on the dance floor during awards presentations.
7. The Organizer of the DBDC– A Legendary Celebration reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized N.D.C.A. event.
8. Cancellation/Refund Policy:
a. There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets, packages and hotel nights.
b. Entries: Cancellations must be in writing and made prior to August 1, 2017 to receive a refund 30 days after the event. Cancellation made after August 1, 2017 will NOT receive a refund.
9. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel room can be accepted by the organizer or the N.D.C.A., neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the DBDC. Everyone does so at his or her own risk.
10. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by N.D.C.A. and DBDC rules and by participating in the DBDC automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
11. No videotaping allowed (except during Youth Saturday afternoon session). Anyone violating this rule will be removed without refund.
12. Still photography permissible with cell phone cameras only. Any other photography requests contact Chris Johnston at 781-858-4367
13. All awards will be posted within 30 days of completion of the DBDC – A Legendary Celebration.
14. Prize checks - To claim prizes you must report to registration desk prior to the conclusion of event and complete a W9 to receive check. All prize checks must be cashed within 90 days of event. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
1. Material used should be based on the N.D.C.A. syllabus. Refer to the N.D.C.A. rule book or website.
2. Following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur Free Styles, Pro-Am Scholarships, 9 and 10 Dance
a. All Bronze steps are admissible in all Bronze categories
b. All Bronze & Silver steps are admissible in all Silver categories
c. All All Bronze, Silver & Gold steps are admissible in all Gold International style categories; all steps excluding lifts are permissible in Gold American style categories.
d. All steps excluding lifts are permissible in any Open category
3. No dress restrictions in any categories.
4. Competitor tickets will be added to invoice and must be paid for in advance (unless on package).
5. Newcomers are those who have been dancing competitively one year or less; newcomers will receive two free one-dance newcomer entries.
1. Professionals competing in any capacity must be currently registered with the N.D.C.A. and supply the Organizers with a valid N.D.C.A number and social security number.
DBDC ~ A Legendary Celebration
781.858.4367 - 42 8th Street #3514, Charlestown, MA - NDCA Sanctioned Event